Are you sick of your TV looking like an afterthought in your living room? Is the cheap stand that came with your television really bringing it down? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then this blog post is for you. In it, we’ll be exploring whether or not it’s possible to put a bigger TV on a smaller stand. But first, let’s go over some basic facts about stands and televisions. If you read nothing else in this blog post, know that YES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO PUT A BIGGER TV ON A SMALLER STAND. Unless the stand came as part of a pre-fabricated home theater setup, almost any standard television can be placed on almost any other standard stand. It just requires a little bit of ingenuity and willingness to get your hands dirty!
Can You Put A Bigger TV On A Smaller Stand
Yes, you can put a bigger TV on a smaller stand. The stand will need to be able to support the weight of the TV, and it should be stable. Make sure the stand is the right size for the TV so that it is not top-heavy and unstable.
Why Are Stands Important?
- Stands create a shelf to place your TV on.
- Stands create a frame around your TV to improve the aesthetics of the room.
- Stands stabilize your television so that it doesn’t fall over when you move it around.
- Stands provide additional space and storage for other things in the room, such as bookshelves, lamps, etc.
- Stands prevent your TV from looking like an afterthought when placed in the center of a living room or bedroom wall facing towards a window.
- If you don’t have stands for your TV, consider buying them or building your own from scratch (see here).
Where To Buy A Stand? You can buy stands at almost any big box store like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon (click here to view Amazon’s selection). You can also find stands at big-box stores like Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Menards (click here to view Home Depot’s selection). If you want custom stands built for your TV, then I recommend buying them from Overstock (click here to view Overstock’s selection). Many of these stores also sell stand kits that include all of the necessary hardware and tools you will need to build them (see here). There are many online retailers that sell stands as well: if you are interested in purchasing one online then check out OnlineStoresOnline (click here) or AmazonBasics (click here).
How To Measure For A Television Stand
- Take a tape measure and measure the width of your television.
- Use this measurement to find the size of your desired stand.
- Measure the length of your television and add 6 inches (for a little extra support).
- Compare this measurement to the dimensions listed on the stand you are considering buying, and make sure that it is long enough to accommodate your TV (if not then you will have to make some modifications later on).
- If you are planning on building your own stand, then take a tape measure and measure the height of your TV (this measurement will be used in determining how high you need to build it).
- Compare this measurement with the dimensions listed for a stand that fits your TV, and make sure that it is tall enough so that when placed on it will be stable (if not then you can always add some additional material at this point).
- If possible, try out different stands as well as different TVs from different brands in order to get a feel for what fits into each one. Remember: there is no standard size because each manufacturer has its own way of selling stands; there is no standard configuration either because each manufacturer has its own way of selling stands; there are no standards for how wide or tall stands are because each manufacturer has their own way of selling stands; etc., etc., etc… So if you come across an odd-looking stand with an odd-looking hole in it, don’t be afraid to take it home and try it out! Also, don’t be afraid to check online for reviews about the stand you are considering buying because often times people will post their experiences with a particular brand or model of the television stand.
- If there are any holes in the stand that you can see then measure them (they should be at least 4 inches in diameter).
- Compare this measurement with the dimensions listed for a stand that fits your TV, and make sure that these holes are large enough to accommodate your TV (if not then you can always drill new ones later on).
- If there are any gaps between the edge of your television and any components attached to the stand, then measure them (they should be at least 1 inch wide).
Which Brands Make Small Stands?
- For example, if you are looking at the Sceptre Sceptre A-Series 32″ TV stand, then this is the stand that we have used in our own TV stands. It has a small footprint and it is also made of metal (not plastic).
- When we were first looking for a television stand for our own house, we looked at many different brands before settling on the one that we ended up using. We found that some brands had better reviews than others, but most importantly we found that there was no consistency between each brand’s stands because each manufacturer had its own way of selling stands.
- For example, the TCL 32″ television stand shown in the pictures above is made by Sony, but it doesn’t resemble any other Sony products that we have seen or used previously (it looks more like a combination of both Samsung and TCL products).
- The Vizio SB3621n-E6 32″ TV Stand shown in the pictures above is made by Vizio, but it doesn’t resemble any other Vizio products that we have seen or used previously (it looks more like a combination of both Samsung and TCL products).
- The BenQ BL3200PT 32″ TV Stand shown in the pictures above is made by BenQ, but it doesn’t resemble any other BenQ products that we have seen or used previously (it looks more like a combination of both Samsung and TCL products).
If you’re reading this, then chances are you have a giant TV and a small stand, or a small TV and a giant stand. Either way, don’t worry! You can absolutely put a bigger TV on a smaller stand. You just need to make sure that the stand you purchase is sturdy enough to hold your equipment, that you take accurate measurements, and that you’re willing to put in a little bit of elbow grease to make it work. Now you just need to decide which brand you want to go with.
What’s the best size stand for my TV?
If you want to be as minimal as possible, then you should go with a 32″ TV stand. This is small enough to fit in most spaces, and it also has enough room for cable management. However, if you have a bigger TV or want to display multiple TVs, then you should probably consider going for something a little bit bigger.
How much does a decent television stand cost?
The good news is that there are affordable options out there (even on Amazon). The bad news is that they can be rather cheap. Now let’s talk about the best television stands on the market right now (in no particular order).